Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer is HERE!

Last week was the end to school! Whoooohooo we made it! Gianni graduated from kindergarten and we are so proud of his academic progress. He did great. There was a small performance and then we said our goodbyes in the classroom. He will miss his teacher pictured below (Mrs. Luckow) but is very excited to start summer.


Last week was very hard because we said goodbye to Caleb Burgard. The Burgard family moved to Missouri and we will miss them so much.
The Palm Vally Kinder Crew (from left to right): Gianni, Sydney, Evan, Caleb, Jonah

We started our first summer weekend off with a bang. We were invited out to Jenni Roseland's parents house for a day at the Estrella water park and then for food back at their place. The kids loved playing with Kyan and Lola. Jenni's parents remind me a lot of my parents. They treat Jenni's friends like family. I have always felt like my parents do the same with my friends and we had so much fun hanging out with them. Carmen climbed under the waterfalls and actually went down a baby water slide multiple times.





Gianni went down the slide over...and over...and over again!






On Memorial Day, daddy took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda while mommy recovered from a horrible little stomach bug and sinus cold that knocked me down for the count for about 2 days. This week the kids began swimming lessons. I am so proud of them! Gianni and Syd are learning many different strokes and side breathing. Gianni loves the male teacher of course.

The first day was kickboards but in no time he caught right on to the side breathing and today was learning how to dive (which is still a belly flop at this point but at least he is trying)

Miss Carmen started class as well in the "big kid" class. She could be swimming if I could just get her arms and legs to move a little faster. The teacher keeps telling her to wake her arms and legs up. She loves her teacher Sabrina and so far has had no fear what so ever.





Today I did not have my camera but the kids went to the dentist. Gianni did great as usual. Carmen did it...but by the 4th x-ray picture there were tears rolling down her face. She completed the rest of the exam and cleaning but with tears. I was informed again that Gianni has a crowded mouth and will definitely need braces and possibly some teeth might need to be removed (sound familiar mom!) As for my daughter...perfectly straight teeth. She has perfect spacing, so much so that we don't even need to floss! Both received a perfect check up and I am proud of them both. I cried at the dentist as a teenager so I am pleased with how well they did.

Tomorrow is dress rehearsal for the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo dance recital which is Saturday at 4:30pm. Be checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment