Wednesday, June 15, 2011

At this moment 6 years ago

I had been up since Tuesday morning preparing to have a baby. On that Tuesday night 6 years ago I went about my day packing my bags for the hospital. I went to school that evening and then showed up at the hospital to be induced. My mom said, "Kristin, you created such a wonderful environment for him for the last 9 months and that is why he doesn't want to come!" As many of you know, I didn't have him that Tuesday night. I was sent home discouraged, sad, and tired from being up all night. Upon arriving home on Wednesday morning with all of my bags, I cried some, tried to keep busy, had some dinner, and took a walk. At this very moment, 10pm (or so) exactly 6 years ago it was a Wednesday night like tonight. I finally let my head hit the pillow. I was exhausted! I should have taken a nap. Why did I stay up all day? I have been awake for 36 hours or more and I need to sleep. That is when it happened. Six years ago tonight is when I felt my very first contraction. This was it, this was the real thing. This is not what I felt the night before at the hospital. Abel raced us to the hospital because the contractions were strong and were getting closer. Labor was intense because of the induction maybe? I thought it would be fast. Gianni still decided that he would stand his ground, either that or my mind would just not let it happen because I was so scared. What is wrong with me? Why can't he just come? I am so tired! Finally, around 5pm on Thursday the mention of c-section was whispered and it was a best words I had heard since waking up that Tuesday morning. Gianni was born at 5:36pm on Thursday, June 16th 2005. Being up for over 48 hours was worth it! He was perfect and still is my little baby boy. Tonight we celebrated his birthday a day early. We are taking Gianni and Sydney to Legoland and the beach for their birthday and our cake represented our trip!

As many of you know, I am a firm believer of doing birthday parties BIG! But, tonight was small because of the trip. Just a few friends, a slip-n-slide, water balloons, and some pretty awesome pizza.
My other pride and joy




As I watched Gianni blow out his candles I thought back to that Wednesday night 6 years ago. I was so excited and ready to have him. I am so pleased with the little boy that Gianni is turning into. He isn't perfect but no kid is! He is curious, caring, fun, outgoing, intelligent, witty, sensitive, and talented. Most importantly, he is mine! I love him so very very much!


Happy Birthday tomorrow Gianni. Mom and Dad love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment