Sunday, June 3, 2012

"Mommy...I love Souffle!"



That's right.... the incredible Souffle. We've heard the word SOUFFLE. We have an idea of what the process may involve or what is in a Souffle, but we have never attempted it and I will be the first to say that I have never really tasted one before. Souffle is one of those complicated dishes that people learn how to make in culinary school and then never make again. I attempted and I conquered! It actually puffed up! And....the kids devoured the entire thing. It is so light and fluffy, and even though I served it with a spinach salad, my poor husband was still hungry after because it was so light! Mine was very simple and flavored with cream cheese and fresh dill but next time I might get more adventurous. I used like 6 different pans or bowls to make the darn thing but it was worth it. Low in calories too. The kids can now say, "mommy we love Souffle" and they did!


 Carmen's dance recital was last night. Everything went perfectly, other then the agony of being stage mom. We are so proud of our dancing girl. Here are a few pictures from the evening. Gianni did great in the audience according to Abel. 



 Almost to the school. The excitement is building!


She remembered the dance and smiled big the entire time. Mommy got to see it from backstage which was interesting. After the performances were all over the girls came back on stage to wave goodbye. 


Flowers from her daddy are the usual ritual that she looks forward to after every show. In addition she gets to pick dinner which was pizza this night! Great job Carmen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment