Friday, June 15, 2012

Boo Hoo Whaa Whaa

Ok, if you read my previous post (which most of you probably haven't because I posted it like an hour ago) I was sounding a little down and defeated when talking about my Summer Slim Down. Boo Hoo Whaa Whaa! Look at what I have accomplished. I have managed to stay in charge of my body for almost three years now. The battle will never be over but I am on top! I am winning the war on my weight.

So, I got up off my A*#, and went for a 3.4 mile run in the hot Arizona morning sun before Abel went to work. Ok, it was maybe 80 something out, but it felt hot. I ran that whole thing in 34 minutes. As I ran I reflected about what it is that I am doing, why I am doing it, and how far I have come. 

There are two songs in particular (the first two links below) that I recently downloaded to my MP3 player that I kept repeating while I was running. Most of you probably know these songs but to me, they represent that war against my weight and my past habits. Here are the links to the lyrics and then you can listen to the song by hitting the orange triangle or play button at the top next to the artists name. Those directions were mostly for you MOM. You probably are the only person who may have never heard a few of these.....hehe! I am sure that these artists intended their songs to be about other things, but for me they fire me up in this fight that I am winning. 




You know I want to quote two people that help keep things in perspective for me. Last night Michelle my kickboxing teacher and mentor, got out an old picture of me that I gave her a while back and complimented me on my accomplishments. She keeps the picture in her music case and said, "you are my inspiration". More like the other way around. I could not have done any of this without her!

The second person is Holly. She is always telling me, "working out this much can't be a bad thing! The numbers may not do what we want, but how could working out this much and eating better ever be a bad thing. It can't hurt!" She is right. Things could be shifting, changing, tightening, or maybe even flattening. My insides must be healthier. Thanks girls for keeping it in perspective for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment