Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mission: SUMMER SLIM-DOWN is in progress

So this week I started my "Summer Slim-down". Holly got this fantastic idea to attempt this program called the Summer Slim-down. Although we have accomplished great things with our weight be have both been in a maintaining phase and need a jump start! Basically, it is two personal training sessions a week. Couple the training with watching what we are eating and regular cardio...and now we have a goal in mind by the end of summer. Mission slim-down is in progress. The goal is to see our measurements change and be firmly into the next 10 pound bracket. 
Let me begin by saying that Day 1 was Monday and it was purely just learning the equipment and exercises. My triceps hurt so bad after...it was major pain. I am thinking, Ok if that is just the first day where you learn stuff....I am in trouble. Today is the morning after day 2 and I feel ok. I am sore but it is not unbearable. Ok so I am going to put it all out there and I can't believe that I am about to do this but here I go. I am thinking that if I actually post numbers it will hold me accountable. My weight usually fluctuates around 144 pounds. Give or take a few + / - depending on stress and my period. The lowest I have ever seen is 142.6 and that is on a really good day. When I am stressed and on my period....146 is pretty normal. Let's just say this last week was rough with all of the emotional things happening at the end of the school year. So my starting weight is a few pounds higher than I would like. The trainer said that the weight will go down but it will be the last thing to change. My measurements will probably change first. My plan is to measure again at the end of the 5 weeks so that we can see...together....if there is a difference. I plan to post my weight weekly. YIKES! I am weighing in every Friday morning.... which is tomorrow. Wow that came fast!

Starting Weight: 146.2 lbs

Hips: 38 1/2 inches

Waist: 32 inches

Triceps: 11 inches

Thigh: 22 inches

Yikes!!! Ok there it is....no turning back now!

The kids are off to a great start for summer break. We have a nice little routine down. They both do workbooks and quiet reading time daily that earns them TV time, or computer time, or Wii time. In addition, we have done lots of swimming, they start tennis next week, and Little Gym camp starts today. They are active kids. Abel took these pictures of them from his phone because I forgot my camera on Memorial Day. 




As you can see below, we have had a few days that end like this. One day while I was making dinner, the kids climbed into Gianni's bed and were reading to each other. Gianni came down and said, "well I guess she is going to just take a nap in my bed. She fell asleep mom!" 


We are off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment