Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Highs and the Lows

The month of May has been filled with highs and lows. Here are some of the highs first! I'm going to start with Gianni. He has been patiently waiting for his first tooth to fall out and then he lost two in a one week period. Here is a picture after the first tooth. Since then he has lost the one right next to it so now he has a big empty space on the bottom. He was so happy! 
 He finished his baseball season last weekend with a bang. He got to play all of his favorite positions (catcher and short stop). All season we were trying to get him to slide. The kids, coaches and parents have been cheering him on for weeks and on the last game he finally slid, actually he did it three times. We took him out for ice cream after.
 Gianni also had some big moments at school this week. He was selected to receive Extreme Recess and he was voted "Math Wiz" by his classmates and teacher. He received the certificate in a small ceremony this afternoon. One more day of school left! We are thrilled that his teacher is moving up to second grade and he will have the opportunity to be with her one more year. 

 Miss Carmen has also had an exciting week. This week she graduated from preschool for the first time. I say first time because she has to do one more year because of her birthday. Kindergarten students must be 5 by September 1st and she will not be 5 until October 15th. She is sad that some of her friends are moving on without her...especially Sophia Pearson, but she is looking forward to being a leader next year. Here is a picture of her at her graduation ceremony (purple dress and white shoes)



 We are going to miss her teacher Mrs. Revord. She has taken such good care of my munchkins and had both of them for preschool. We are so so sad that she is moving on next year. 

 We are so proud of our baby girl! Here she is with one if her friends that she will get to stay in preschool with. 
 She and Sophia Pearson are pictured below and I will miss seeing these two together in class!
 On to the grown ups! The high for me is that I am leaving the classroom after 10 years of teaching and moving into the world of administration as a Student Advisor next year. The lows....our only low actually...is that I have to move schools and leave the best people I have ever worked with in my entire life. These girls are more then just team members. They are my best friends. We eat lunch together, we share stories, we laugh everyday together, and sometimes we pull our hair out together as we teach 8th graders. Today is the night before the last day of school. My 8th graders have graduated and usually by now I am kicking back and relaxing as I await the last Friday. Usually by now I am planning my summer and getting excited to spend time with the kids. But tonight...I am sad! My classroom of 7 years is empty and my world is changing in a scary way. I love these girls more then anything and I must do what ever it takes to keep them close to me as I embark on this new journey. It will be different...and it will be hard...but I truly believe if our friendship is as strong as I think it is...we will all find a way to make it work. 
Our last 8th grade promotion together 
5.24.12

Pictured from left to right: 
Angela - staying at Wigwam Creek and my next door buddy
Jenni - leaving to teach 2nd grade at the school in our district that her kids attend
Lora - leaving to teach in China
Me - leaving to be a Student Advisor
Holly - staying at Wigwam Creek and my BFF
Beth - leaving to teach 6th grade at the same school I am moving too

I love you girls. Thanks for the best years of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment