Saturday, January 14, 2012

My husband the hero

 So I am sitting at the kitchen table assisting with 1st grade homework when I see smoke. Silly me checks it out but kind of half way. I looked at the park and told Gianni, "someone is probably having a picnic and using their grill." The smoke continues to fly right by our backyard. I now begin to put shoes on to go out and check, Abel comes flying in the house and tells me to get outside with the kids and he was on the phone with 911. The field behind the house was on fire! Abel took off, cell phone in hand, on his bike to follow the suspects while Gianni runs upstairs to get Carmen from her room and the three of us gather across the street. The fire was spreading very fast. Just then the neighbor across the street opened his garage and he does not even notice the fire. I yelled to the neighbor who then is surprised to see a fire and he got his hose out and quickly put it out before the fire engine arrived. A very exciting afternoon, and although the chances of the fire jumping the sidewalk are slim to none, it was a little scary to see such a big area on fire with flames.

The great thing about this is that Abel caught up with the kids and helped the police catch them. They were soon in handcuffs on the side of the road. Go honey! After the firefighters left, Carmen asked if she could play outside as Abel finished washing his car. I looked outside and this is the picture that I capture. "Mommy, one of those firefighters was a girl you know!" She is so cute and still wants to be a GIRL FIREFIGHTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment