Saturday, February 4, 2012

Golf, Bikes, Food, and Football!

 It seems like life has been so busy lately. I feel bad about not posting any pictures lately. Work has been crazy and the kids are always busy with something. A few weeks ago we went on a family golf outing. Everyone played! Even Carmen! She did great and walked the entire 9 holes.
 Carmen is doing very well in school. She loves to do groups and art. She continues to dance every weekend and loves dancing in her room to Justin "Beaver" as she calls him. She is a girly girl! She wants her toes painted and her nails done. Recently I bought her some new clothes and shoes and she was in heaven.
 Gianni is growing at warp speed. He is so tall. His bike was getting small for him so we went to the store and got a new one and a new helmet.
 Gianni is also doing great in school. He is working hard at increasing his reading fluency and loves to read "The Magic Treehouse" and other books on his Nook. He is a math whiz! He is playing football every weekend and has practice twice a week after school.
 As for Abel and I, we spend our time keeping up with these two. Last week I made what I am going to call, "Mexican Stuffed Peppers." I basically used ground turkey, cumin, and egg, some breadcrumbs, cilantro, green onion, and dumped all of that into a pepper with salsa and shredded jack cheese. They were delicious! Last weekend, we had our Winter Supper Club. It was a traditional Christmas Dinner with a twist. After dinner we played a fun game called, "What's Yours Like?" I think that was the name. There were lots of laughs. Uncle Justin was on babysitting duty so that Abel and I could enjoy the night out with friends.
 Carmen went to Good Night Pediatrics last night around 9:30. She has the "Carmen Coughs" again. At least that is what her teacher and I call it. When she is lying flat at night, it sounds like croup, but during the day it normally goes away. Last night she coughed for 2 straight hours and at one point she was gagging and said that she couldn't breathe so in they went. She was given a steroid and cough syrup with codeine to keep her comfortable. Of course later on that evening she coughed so hard that she threw it all up in her bed. Ohhhhh Carmen! Today I stayed home with her since she was up so late. The boys headed off to Scottsdale for Gianni's football game. He was quarterback for most of the game which he has never done before (and I missed it). Also, he scored his first touchdown! Go Gianni! The ball was passed to him and he caught it and ran it in. When he came home, his face was still lit up. I am so very proud of him. Maybe next weekend it will happen again so that I can be there.
 After the boys came home from the game we finished cleaning the house. I am so lucky to have my husband. He helps me all the time. There is no way I could do it alone. Carmen took a long nap today so I headed off to the gym to get a run in and then it was back home to make cookies. Tomorrow is Superbowl and we have a party to attend. We made football cookies. We are sad that the Cardinals are out but can you tell who we are cheering for?

 Cookies took longer than expected so my husband said we could go out to dinner. It was a nice treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment