Sunday, February 19, 2012

Got My New Camera and My Mama

Ok, so I am crossing my fingers that everyone notices the difference in my pictures. This camera is amazing. I love it! It has really cool effects that I would do with an editing program built right in, a touch screen, and crystal clear images! I am still getting used to it but all of the pictures in this post are with my new Sony NEX 5n. I would love to hear from you and tell me what you think.

Of course none if this would be possible without my MAMA! Thank you mom. She paid for 90% of it! I am so glad that she is here. And it goes beyond the camera. Tonight, I am sick and I feel horrible. I came home from my mom's house, took a hot shower, and I could not believe how relaxed I feel. Normally, my brain is going, what do I have this week, what do I need to do, but when my mom is here, it's like I know that everything is going to be okay and I don't have to worry. She makes me feel relaxed and happy, and I am so glad she is here! I should be cooking for her and preparing food for her but it is the other way around. I just hope one day I can repay her for all that she has done for me, Abel, and of course the munchkins! My mom got here Friday and we had a wonderful meal at Carrabas. Saturday, we headed up there and the girls all went for a pedicure. Carmen got pink sparkle nail polish on her fingers and toes. The kids played so hard in the yard at my parents. They are getting to the point where they just play out there and the adults can sit inside and just watch which is nice for a change. My mom made "fancy" sloppy joes! I call them "fancy" because they are, and never in my childhood did she ever give us sloppy joes! It was such a relaxing day Saturday. Here are some pictures of us just enjoying the day. Oh...with my new camera of course : )
   On Sunday we woke the kids up at 6am for breakfast and to get dressed for the IMS Fit Kids One Mile Fun Run. Gianni is part of a little running club at school called "Kids Rock Stars" and they celebrated the IMS Marathon with a 1 mile run today. The whole family registered and we got to hang out with all of our friends while we celebrated fitness! Sydney was there of course and we love to hang with our favorite girl! She always puts a smile on our faces!
 The Pearson's were there and our other Palm Valley friends! I love Palm Valley and am so happy that we are a part of such a wonderful school.

 The plan was for Gianni and I to run together and for Abel to run with Carmen and then carry her when she got tired. Got tired....what in the hell was I thinking! Gianni took off, I swear we ran that mile in less than 7 minutes! Carmen ran the whole way with daddy and they were right behind us! They ran so fast. It didn't even feel like a mile! I am so proud of both of them but especially Carmen. I didn't think she would do it but she did! Look at her little red nose. Its was cold out there this morning!

 I am so glad that we participate in events like this because it really does make the kids feel good about their accomplishments and also shows them that we truly are a FIT FAMILY!

This afternoon it was back to my mom's for an afternoon dinner with my cousin Christopher and his wife Tracy. It was so nice to sit and eat with them. The kids played all afternoon in the backyard at my parents place. They ran around that pond and over the bridge at least 100 times. On the way home we looked in the back seat and Carmen was out. They both played so hard today and this whole weekend. Thank goodness we have one more day to relax before it is back to the normal grind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment