Sunday, March 4, 2012

Warmin Up!

The weather is warming up in Arizona and we are taking advantage of things! The Casillas Family has been busy as usual and the weather makes us all more active. Carmen is still dancing every weekend. I am really trying to figure out how to get her into a sport. She wants to try a sport but it means moving her dance class to a different day. She has been dancing with these girls for a while and I would hate to have to move her but we will probably make the switch this summer so that she can play a sport in the fall. She wants to try baseball or soccer. We will see. Her next dance recital is June 4th.
 Gianni ended his football season last Saturday with a double header and they lost both games. He was just happy that his Nonna and Papa were there to cheer for him. He received a trophy but we skipped the party due to an event at his school on Wednesday. Baseball begins this week. He is very excited!
Here is Carmen cheering on Gianni as she watches from Papa's shoulders.

 Holly and I ran a very fast 5 K yesterday. About half way through I told her I was bored and this is why I could never run a 1/2 marathon like she did! I just wanted to be done. We made great time! Fastest one yet! Today we invited Sydney and Holly up to Papa's house for a swim and hot dogs on the grill. The kids had fun and Holly and I got to soak our tired thighs in the hot tub! The kids are doing great with swimming and I pretty much only make Carmen wear her fishy when I am not in the water with her. Holly and I are single moms for a lot of this week (Abel is at training in California) so we figured we might as well get the kids together and my dad made it a perfect and relaxing day for us. Thanks dad!
 When we got home tonight the kids could tell I was pooped. Between a movie Friday night (The Lorax), running around Saturday (the busiest day ever with getting the kids shoes, wedding attire for Abel's sister's wedding, running a 5 K, cleaning, laundry, yard work, grocery shopping) and then Sunday was swimming and oohhhhhh yes, never ending cookies which I will explain in a minute, I WAS EXHAUSTED! Gianni was so sweet, he said "mom, since you are by yourself I am going to take a shower all by myself and you just take care of Carmen and I will do everything". He not only gave himself a shower, which he normally does, but he did it QUICKLY! Those of you that know my kid know that he is so SLOW! He dressed himself, hung his towel, brushed his teeth and was back downstairs in 5 minutes. Couldn't believe it! And then....I got treated to the "we love you mommy" show where the kids played music and sang beautiful songs to me. It was the cutest thing. Oh yes, that is Gianni in his underwear. Can't get him to wear his pj's.
 Ok, this story is soooo long. It all started with a pink princess cookbook that my daughter selected from the book fair. In it were these super complicated ladybug cupcakes. We were supposed to make them this weekend but then we ran into Carmen's teacher who told us that in two weeks they are studying ladybugs (so save the cupcakes for then) and that we should make shamrock cookies instead because this week they are doing shamrocks. Couldn't find the cut out for a shamrock so these were done by hand. Took forever. Kinda wishing for the cupcakes now! Couldn't leave Gianni's class out. His class is Mrs. Merrbaugh's Major Leaguers because she is a baseball fan, spring training starts this week, and he starts baseball so we made baseball cookies for his class.
 The kids are in bed and now I get to relax. Oh the sweet sound of sleeping children. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment