Sunday, January 8, 2012

Enjoying the Last Few Days of Break

Well, it is back to work tomorrow. Carmen is super excited to go back to school. Gianni says he does not want to wake up early. Today we woke him up at 8am to try and get him back on schedule and he was not a happy camper. This week I really have been following my New Year's resolution. Just sort of kicking back and relaxing with the kids. Got in a few really good work outs as well. We went out for a super relaxing day with Sydney and hit the park at Verrado. The kids flew a kite and they all had a picnic lunch. It was such a beautiful day. I can't believe the amazing weather. Makes you love living in Arizona in January!
Although I didn't do much around the house over break, I had to give in and get things done. Yesterday was a very busy day. In between laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping and an evening birthday party in Chandler, Carmen spent the morning with the Pearson's so that I could see Gianni's first football game. Sarah took Carmen to her dance class and then back to her house to play with Sophia. Abel, Gianni and I headed off to Glendale for Gianni's first football game. Now, I know what you are thinking! FOOTBALL.....maybe not Gianni's thing. He is a baseball player and golfer! He actually did very well. Here he is warming up.

 Gianni Warming Up

All of the boys did great considering it was their first time playing. The coach's son has played before but most of our team are rookies. We played a team that was super serious and totally together and the Rebels (Gianni's team) pretty much got killed 33 to 0...but they had fun and now know what things they need to work on. Gianni played center so he snapped the ball quite a bit. He also played man on man defense the entire game. He had two catches that got the team a few yards. I was very proud of him for trying a new sport.
After the game Gianni was tired and of course HUNGRY!!!!!!! He was totally wiped out. We went home to recharge with some lunch.
The kids played all afternoon while we did all of the cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping for the week. Today we are preparing for our first week back to school. I made salads for Abel and I for the week. We packed lunches and got things ready for a busy week of school. Gianni starts riding the bus tomorrow and is very excited to do something new. He will get on a bus that will take him to my school. He will arrive around 3:15 and will come to my classroom while I am still teaching. We are going to try this for a while to save money instead of paying for him to go to extended day. Well, I am off to go on a bike ride with the kids. We are trying to enjoy our last day before we start the second half of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment