Monday, January 9, 2012

The Casillas Family Chore Board


Over break I got to thinking. My kids are growing up and they need to take responsibility for things in the house. They are old enough to help the family keep up with the house work by doing their own share. The Chore Board was born last week. Basically, the kids and I came up with a list of kid friendly chores that they could handle. Each day they are responsible for choosing one chore from the chore board that they want to accomplish. I explained that as they get older that may go to 2 or 3 chores and that some things may eventually become expectations. Extra chores that they offer to do above and beyond the one they select each day will be rewarded at the end of the month. They get a few cents for each extra chore they do at the end of the month. The key is....they have to offer. This is not something that I ask them to do. Each day we record Carmen's chores in pink and Gianni's in blue. Each chore has a code so they don't have to write out the chore. They love it! They are constantly wanting to help. My kids fight quite a bit but when they fight over who gets to SHARK the floor.....it is music to my ears. So proud of my little guys! Here is a picture of our board. Taken on Abel's phone so not the greatest quality but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment