Sunday, August 1, 2010

Clouds Rolling In


The past three days have blessed us with cooler temperatures and rain. The humidity leading up to the storm was horrible. I'm sure my east coast family are all laughing at me when I use the word humidity, but I believe that 101 degrees with a dew point of 85 is humidity!
The kids sat on Abel's lap yesterday and just watched the weather
from our front porch. It was so peaceful and calming.

As the summer draws to an end and I am faced with going back to work tomorrow, I sit and reflect upon my life. I love being a mother! I am good at it! This summer brought about so many wonderful things like Gianni riding a bike, learning to swim, and he is now officially reading. Carmen is learning her letters and their sounds (she knows about half of them) and has developed into an artist. I love this part of my life and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Being a mom, wife, and teacher is who I am. It is my identify. It is a good identity. But, the kids will grow up...and they will not always need me as much (my mom is saying...that's what you think!). And, the teaching job will change and present new challenges. Eventually I will begin to form a new identity.....which I have decided will involve my new passion.....I want to cook! I have so much I want to learn about food and one day I will go to school when I have the time and I will express myself through the art of food. Until then, I will continue to watch Bobby, Ina, and Giada with my children at my side. Gianni and I will cook together. We will put our own little tweaks on the recipes of others. I will share my passion with my children. Hopefully my children will find their passion in life early and will follow it to the end.

1 comment:

  1. such sweet pictures and even sweeter words!

    back to school here we come!

    ReplyDelete