Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday Celebration

This past weekend was totally amazing. It was probably the most well thought out birthday I have ever had, and I owe it to my husband. I am very lucky to have him and with a birthday like mine it reminds you to count your blessings.
My friends, family, children, and husband made my birthday on Monday very special and I thank them so much. On Saturday my husband took me to the Arizona Cardinals game. We sat in the company suite and it was incredible. I had so much fun and Abel treated me like a queen! On Sunday morning, I brewed my favorite iced team that my mom shipped me all the way from NY and then was taken to the movies by Holly. It was nice to see a chick flick! Also, Holly gave me a new pan for all my recipes. When I returned home from the movies the children jumped out with balloons and surprised me, "mommy we helped daddy clean the whole house for you!"
The plan for Monday (my actual birhtday) was to go out to dinner just the four of us and open presents. I have spoken to most of you but on Monday a teacher came to my classroom to relay a message and told me that Abel was in the hospital. He was taken by ambulance due to chest pain, tingle in his fingers, memory loss, and high blood pressure. He is home tonight resting and doing fine. His doctors are investigating what went on but it may have been dehydration or possibly related to his bad back. Thank you to Holly and Adam for picking up the children,feeding them, and entertaining them until we could pick them up just before bed time.
So, tonight, Tuesday, we finally went out to dinner. The kids wanted Italian and I had lamb! I was also presented with a super cool vacuum that I have wanted and new utensils for cooking. When we came home there was a package from my mom. New knives!!! Just what I wanted. This birthday weekend was relaxing and perfect thanks to all the people that love me.


Once we knew that Abel was ok....I had the camera in my purse...we were starving and just wanted them to release him...hmmmmmm why not snap a picture to pass the time!


2 comments:

  1. a birthday to remember for sure!!!! glad it was one of the best {despite the minor setbacks}! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put it all beautifully and mixed the good with the not-so-good to bring us in more. I'm so happy that you have the life you have!

    ReplyDelete