Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nonna is Here!

The NONNA has arrived. Tonight we celebrated her 60th Birthday being that this is the first time we have all been together since her real 60th on January 10th. We visited the Tiburon Restaurant at the Wild Life World Zoo. At first I looked at the atmosphere and menu and thought that my dad would be paying for the table! Our table was next to a huge fish tank with sharks swimming everywhere, but the food and service were incredible. Pecan Crusted Bass, Beef Fillet, Meatloaf, it didn't matter it was all delicious. The bread, cheese, and fruit platter could have been a meal in itself. My children adore their Nonna and Papa. For the longest time VERA was the person in the family that held it all together. I will tell you that my mother and father are two of the sweetest, loving, and classiest people I know. They are VERA!
I can't speak for my mom, but this was the most relaxed and perfect evening and we are so lucky to have NONNA and PAPA here.


Also this weekend my mom, Rachel , and I all took a 1 hour and 30 minute drive out to Tracy's Wedding Shower. The cake was beautiful and they played a beautiful video of Tracy and my cousin Christopher that displayed images of them growing up. We are very happy that they have found each other and are looking forward to a spectacular wedding on May 21st in Niagara Falls.

Now, my mom has class but it isn't just her. Last weekend my dad hosted my family and Holly, Adam and Sydney at his place. He had a beautiful appetizer table, a magnificent dinner and beautiful dessert. Once again a truly relaxing weekend.
This is our family! Food, wine, and family! It is a culture that we live by and I wouldn't change it for the world. It brings people together. Thank you to my mom and dad for being such wonderful parents and for helping us by providing emotional (and groceries) support! WE LOVE YOU! WE ARE TRULY THANKFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment