Sunday, October 10, 2010

Supper Club


This Saturday, Abel and I hosted our very first Supper Club. For those people that know my mom, this would be called Gourmet. The club is made up of three other couples and our first meal was a Fall Harvest theme. The menu was:

Mexican Pumpkin Punch
Cranberry Meatballs
Pear Cheddar Turnovers
Cranberry Gorgonzola Spinach Salad
Curried Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
Maple Walnut Chicken Thighs w/ Cheddar Apple Rice
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Everything was delicious! It was so nice to have 4 hours with three other couples and not have to be watching the kids. "Amanda the Amazing" took our kids to Holly's house and watched Carmen, Gianni and Sydney all at once. This evening was probably the most fun I have had in a while. Between each course we ventured into the backyard and relaxed by the fire. The weather was perfect. Good friends, good food, and good conversation. I can't wait for the next one in January.
When Jenni sends me pictures of people I will post those. For now....just the food!

1 comment:

  1. if that wasn't a hint i don't know what was! i am working on a post as type! i am going to link it up to your blog too, just in case peeps wanna see what you posted!

    we had so much fun - i can't wait to share my photos with you!

    ReplyDelete