Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Freedom

Ok mom...I know you are going to look at these pictures and say, "Kristin, I thought you were supposed to be doing nothing over your fall break!" Mom, this is NOTHING. Taking the kids to the park and just hanging out is NOTHING.
On Monday, I got up about 6am and took a 2.5 mile jog. It's nice and cool at that time and there is light! I took my cell phone mother. Then it was off to Holly and Sydney's where we had breakfast and then plopped the kids on their bikes for about a 1/2 mile ride to the park.

The kids played for about an hour or 2 at the park. Carmen played in the sand for much of the time after discovering the ladders are not her thing (she fell pretty hard on her bottom) and the other two played tag and climbed the rock wall.


Today, Holly had her surgery on her foot so Syd was dropped off at about 7am. First, we washed the car together. Next, it was off to the park for a while. Lunch was baked chicken nuggets, noodles, grape tomatoes, and apple slices! They ate early at about 11am because they played so hard all morning.


Time to make Halloween cookies. I will probably be vacuuming up sprinkles for a week and I am pretty sure Sydney's hands are stained from food coloring but it kept them occupied.



Fall also makes me think about football! Carmen is a true Cardinals Fan. She loves her red birds and cheers them on every Sunday. After the game on Sunday she played tackle football with Gianni in the bachyard and we roasted marshmellows in the fire.

The Casillas Family does love FALL!

1 comment:

  1. I do NOT want this break to be over.
    I do NOT want this break to be over.
    I do NOT want this break to be over...

    Ok, you get my point! Glad you guys are soaking it all up!

    ReplyDelete