Saturday, October 8, 2011

Family Update - A Long Time Coming

 Well I'm guessing you have all been missing my two little cutie patooties! Look at them...they love Sunday football. Gianni was also cheering on the Diamondbacks this week. Sports is in the air! I have been very busy at school and apologize for not updating my blog sooner. I know my family and friends are probably wondering where I have been. Here is an update on each of us!

Gianni
Gianni is loving 1st grade. His teacher Mrs. Merrbaugh is seriously a gift from heaven. He is doing so well academically and behaviorally. His report card was fantastic and he is an absolute math whiz. I have no idea where he gets it from because it is not me. He recently participated in the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick Competition at his school and won 2nd place for 6-7 years olds. He was presented with a certificate by the Principal at the school assembly! He also has started baseball with daddy as the coach. Abel and I arrange and plan practices for the team. Their team name is the Cardinals of course which was selected by the kids. The first game is next Saturday.
Carmen 
Carmen is loving school as well. She is making lots of friends (she is pictured with Sophia) and can't wait to have them all at her birthday party next Saturday. Especially her friend ALEX...which daddy is struggling with! She is saying the pledge all by herself and is speaking so much more clearly. She loves the routine of school and she is so proud to go to Palm Valley .... finally! She is still dancing every Saturday and is working on a dance routine for her next winter recital which will be December10th. She is dancing with daddy again so she will participate in two dances. She is very excited.

 Kristin and Abel
 Well, besides working and taking care of these two little munchkins, we recently celebrated (well not really because we never went out that day) our 8th wedding anniversary on October 4th. We had our first baseball practice that night and I had a board meeting so it was hectic. We held our 2nd annual Supper Club at our house which consisted of Peppery Punch, Bacon Wrapped Potatoes with Honey Scallion Sauce, Corn and Zucchini Fritters, Eggplant Ricotta Bites, an amazing Bobby Flay Salad, Veal Milanese, Apple Sausage Mac and Cheese, and a Plum Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream. Delicious! Abel continues to recover from his back injury while back at work. He goes to physical therapy three times a week but says like he feels like he is making progress. They say maybe two more weeks and he will be back on track.

 I continue to work out when I can. I went to my best boxing class yet today. The teacher was an actual MMA fighter with belts and titles. He took the time to work on technique and really pushed me. I have never seen my hands so raw. Keep in mind they are wrapped and in gloves so it was pretty intense. Next month it will be 2 years that the weight has been kept off. I started off at 212 and this week hit 145.0! I feel great and I feel like I am a positive role model for my kids. 
 It is officially Fall Break and the kids and I are off next week. I will try to capture every moment for you all on film and post as much as I can. Tonight we had Holly, Adam and Sydney over for burgers and a fire. The weather has been cool the last few days so we took advantage of it because next week we are back to the 90"s again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment