Monday, August 8, 2011

Tears for Mommy

 Well, the kids headed off to school today. Gianni ran off....no kiss....no hug..come to find out later he got a bloody nose before the whistle blew and was at the nurses office but even with that... he said, "mom it was a great day!" The tears for mommy were a reference to the little one. I cried as I left her at extended day. She hid behind me and would not say hello to anyone but once Sophia showed up she was fine and I left before the tears started to flow. She seems so much smaller than Gianni was when he started Pre K. He was 4 years old and two months and she still has two months before she turns 4. A 4 month difference in the ages when they started school but she is just my baby I guess.
 After we dropped Carmen off it was time to grab our friend Jonah and head to the play ground. Gianni is a giant compared to Jonah. He is going to be tall : )
 Daddy..these picture are for you! The kids missed you today. Gianni stayed on home base today. He says that is a good thing. 6 kids made it to 1st base for being extra kind and the rest of the class stayed on home. Gianni earned 1 game ticket today. A teacher held the door for the kids and he was the only child to say "thank you" so he earned a ticket for his good manners! I am so proud. He read the book "The Kissing Hand" and had to write a little something after. So cute.
 Carmen said the best thing about her day was the art project at school and drinking chocolate milk in the breakfast line. I quickly explained the rules...no chocolate milk or strawberry milk. Only white! Here is her creation. It is a butterfly.
 Carmen earned two stickers today..one for being a good listener and one for sitting on the carpet and following directions (more detail than I ever received from Gianni). One sticker fell off but she wanted Daddy to see the other.
Well, it is 7:49, time to make lunches, and feed myself some dinner. Abel I have a new respect for single parents and I am so lucky to have you. We miss you very much. See you soon. We will keep posting. Love ya! 

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that everyone had a great day!!! i think it is really cool that gianni's teacher's reward system has to do with baseball! especially since that is what he is so into!

    ReplyDelete