Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Weekend of Milestones

I can't believe how fast these kids are growing up! This weekend was a weekend of milestones for both of my kids. They both accomplished great things. First, this weekend they went swimming and it was the first time ever that I could actually watch from the sides of the pool instead of being in with them. Gianni has swimming down very well and Carmen is quite comfortable with her fishy. She was even jumping in from the side! She starts swimming lessons on April 5th! I'm sure it won't be long for her.
In the pool she met a little girl that had her ears pierced. She immediately wanted to get out and dry off and go get her ears pierced too! So...we took advantage of her brave momment. She was so excited! She picked 14K white gold with her birthstone which just happens to be pink for October. How appropriate for my daughter!

And then it happened...THE TEARS..and then all the people walking by her as she is crying in that window as I receive the dirty looks from those parents thinking, "how could you!"


Carmen, I am so proud of you. You were so brave. Now she loves them. She shows them off constantly and keeps asking, "mommy, are they falling out?"
Next to Gianni...read below!


1 comment:

  1. Loved this post!

    Been dying to see pictures of Carmen...Lola has been toting with the idea, this might be just what I needed to put her over the edge!

    And Gianni, yay for shoe tying! Kyan learned this week as well, thanks to daddy!

    ReplyDelete