Friday, November 29, 2013

Carmen's Birthday and Halloween

 Although every mother gets frustrated from time to time, how can I resist this beautiful face. As she gets older she gets more dramatic and hilarious. She does remind me of "me" when I was a child, but something tells me she will take it to an entirely new level! She is a hoot!
 For her birthday she invited 7 girls over for a princess party and they all dressed up. The house was decorated with Sofia the First everything. The girls had princess sandwiches shaped like crowns and slippers and various other pink foods, played pin the crown on the princess, had a craft time where the girls made crowns and magic wands that they got to take home, and ended the party with a bounce house and pinata. It was one of our best parties in my opinion. She loved it and she was so happy the entire time. The girls had fun as well, and one little girl even told me, "this is the best party I have ever gone to!"
 And the cake...so Abel and I made this cake for her ourselves. It was not perfect and didn't taste as great as a store purchased cake, but it was impressive and the girls liked it.
 Look at the intensity in her face. She will do just about anything for candy!
 The party was a success. A few weeks later we celebrated Halloween. Nonna and Papa came over and watched the kids trick or treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment