Sunday, September 11, 2011

A day to be thankful for family

 I have not spoken to my children about September 11th. It came up today during the football game with Gianni and I sort of danced around it. I explained that something horrible happened and kept it very general. I don't know how to explain such a horrible thing to my children and I am not sure that they need to know the details on this day, but our theme today was definitely just being happy that we have each other. We started off the morning with a family bike ride. The four of us rode almost 2 miles. Gianni said his legs hurt towards the end. 
 Carmen disappeared upstairs for like 20 minutes and came down dressed up. She asked daddy if he would be her prince! So cute! The next wardrobe change was to prepare for the football game.



 We decided to record the game and watch it a little later. We prepared game day munchies together and ate that for dinner basically. Our little party was just the four of us and it was just what we wanted.
 Next it was out back to continue our perfect day.
The kids are in bed now and I am looking at my school bag with a heavy heart tonight. Time to get to work I suppose : (

No comments:

Post a Comment