Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chill Time

As many of you know I have an injured toe! My mom keeps telling me to put it up and relax. This week we have actually had a fairly relaxing week. Looking at my calendar this week I had nothing! No swim lessons, no places to be, no people to meet. We kicked off our very "open week" with a family movie night. We popped some popcorn, got into pj's and just hung out.
Then one night Holly and Sydney stopped by and we decided to make some Paula Dean inspired brownies. I was watching the food network and Paula Dean made a box of brownies with a twist. She layered half of the batter and then put down "3"....yes "3" entire chocolate bars, which she then covered with the rest of the batter. I could not believe my eyes. Well, these brownies we made are named after Holly because she loves chocolate and peanut butter. Holly said, "hey, I bet that would be good with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!" From that point on we couldn't stop thinking about it. They were great!
 
My kids have very big and strong personalities and so sometimes they fight and it can get to be a little much. This week they are actually having a pretty good week together.They love to be together and hate it when I separate them but the do their fair share of fighting at the same time. One morning I decided to get them out of the house. I took them to the slash park because it was so hot. I wasn't quite ready to swim with my toe but I wanted them to get wet so the splash park seemed like a great solution. They played for 2 hours, we met Abel for lunch, and then Carmen crashed for a nap. They did a great job of playing nicely together.
 
We have been home a lot this week just playing board games and hanging out. Being at home, I started to examine the wall leading up my stairs. As some of you know my mom took pictures of our hands when we were young. Going up my stairs are hand pictures of my grandfather, grandmother, mom, dad, brother, and then my hands. The shots are supposed to represent the person and demonstrate them using their hands doing what they love to do. My kids are not on the wall, and I think mine needs a little updating! Started to take some shots to play around with ideas. Carmen is a "beach baby". She loves the water and the sand. I snapped this one in our backyard.
 As for my hands I have two ideas! I have been loving my kickboxing class and my instructor took me to a boxing gym where I have boxed a few times. Wrapping my hands and hitting the bag as hard as I can is such a good feeling. So one idea would be a picture of my hands wrapped. Some might think it's weird but falling in love with kickboxing was a major role and key to my weight loss so it is important to me. Also, cooking! Maybe I could be holding a spoon and stirring or something. Gianni is a tough one. He loves baseball, golf, and has been very passionate about the drums. I could do any of those. This picture was not his real baseball bat! It was just a plastic one but you get the idea. 
  Here is a video of Gianni reading his sheet music and playing the drums. I don't know how a six year old can work three different drums at the same time. I don't think I could do it, or read the music!

Well I told many of you that last week Carmen fell asleep at the dinner table. My food must be boring or something (haha). On days where she doesn't nap she experiences the 5 o'clock crash. This was taken last night around 5:45pm. We were eating and the next thing we know we looked over and BOOM...she was out! She starts a full day preschool program in a few weeks. I have a feeling there will be more shots like this in her future! 
 I let her sleep for a few minutes because I knew that we had something special planned for the evening. We purchased the Crayola Glow Chalk. It looked so cool on the package. Don't waste your money....it was a total flop. Not very impressed but the kids had fun!
One more week next week and then I have to go back to work for 4 days for a training. WOW how our summer has gone by so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment